Thursday, November 2, 2017

East Coast Fabric Shopping

 
 
This is a very long overdue post.  When we went to North Carolina in September to visit family, I planned on visiting one of the vendors that I met at the Vegas Fabric Show held August at the Orleans.


John Maiwandi, representative for S & R Sales was at the Vegas Fabric Show with beautiful home decor fabrics on display.  We got to talking, he gave me his card and I noticed that they were located in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

I asked if his shop was on the way to Braswell, Georgia (a scheduled business trip for hubby).  John said yes, just take exit such and such and take two turns and it's right there.  Told him I'd call him when we were on the way to Georgia.  OMG, it was more than overwhelming.


I quickly looked at several bolts and made selections.  Loaded up the car and off we went. We were on a "schedule" and needed to be in Braswell by a certain time. They were so helpful and pulled bolts out for me to look at in my hurried power shopping. 
 
After the business meeting in Braswell, GA.  we headed to  Boone, NC. to spend the night in the mountains.  On our  back we stopped a fabric outlet called The  Interior Alternatives located in Charlotte.   How convenient!

 
My jaw dropped. The fabrics were all  home décor fabrics and most priced at $12.99/yard.  Beautiful fabric, great showroom. Loaded up again but quickly since hubby was tired to driving and wanted to get back to the hotel before the afternoon rush hour began.  Rush hour in Charlotte is a pain.

 
The next day we headed back to Las Vegas loaded with fabric stuffed in our carry-on bags.  I brought an extra one for hubs to carry on. That's what you call pre-meditated.

A few days later after doing laundry, I unpacked my stash.  Uh oh, one was missing.  My Waverly It's a Shore Thing fabric from The Interior Alternatives. I called them, sent pics of what I brought home.  Desha was so kind and got the fabric out to me via FedEx.  It took a few days since they were in the middle of a hurricane. We had missed it by leaving on Friday. 

 
 
Needless to say, I felt like I died and gone to heaven with my stash.  Now, the problem is, what to do with all the pretty stuff?  

If you are ever in the Charlotte or Spartanburg area, and want to load up on some great fabric deals, give John or Desha a visit.  Allow lots of time to look though and bring extra bags or have them ship the fabric to you.

John Maiwandi, S & R Sales 475 Burns Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29307
864-529-0102 - Office  864-237-7800 - Cell
www.tntsales-sc.com

Desha Hudgens, The Interior Alternatives, 11435 Granite St. Ste. D, Charlotte, NC 28273  704-251-4030
http://thefabricoutlet.com/ (a location is in Fountain Valley, CA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christina Montaruli, My Tilted Canvas

Christina Montaruli is our   newest member of the Las Vegas Crafters Guild.   Welcome Christina!!   A former New Yorker from Long Island   (...